Friday, November 20, 2009

Sleepless Nights

For several weeks, Nicholas has been waking up once or twice a night crying. He runs over to my bedroom and stands beside the bed until I say something to him. One night, I pretended that I was sleeping and ignored him, hoping he would go back to bed. Instead, he laid down on the floor beside my bed and fell asleep.
So, now I get out of bed, walk him back to his room, and he falls back to sleep in his bed.

Now the funny (and bizarre) part... This morning, I asked Nicholas why he was crying last night. He told me that Elmo had a machine gun and scared him! I'm not sure if he actually had a dream about Elmo, or he creatively made up this story on the spot this morning! A couple of months ago, he told me he was crying in the middle of the night because Bob the Builder bit his cheek!

Aaahhhh... Imaginations! I wonder where he gets this stuff?!?

No comments: