Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Thank Goodness It's Not Me

At 11:56 last night, I was awaken by a "beep.... beep..... beep". The battery needed to be changed in the smoke detector in Reagan's room - ugh! So, I woke up Mike and he trudged down to the garage to get the step ladder and replacement battery. I waited in the upstairs hallway, half-asleep, eyes squinting, feeling miserable... flashing back to last year...



Last year, at this time, Reagan was less than 2 months old. Waking up several times in the middle of the night was the routine. However, instead of being woken up by "beeps", I was woken up by "waahhhs".

I have two close friends that are both having their third child within the next couple days to weeks (God Bless, Judy and Tracy)! Thank Goodness it's not me! I can't imagine going back to the 'sleepless nights' routine again.

If I ever had a doubt about only having two kids, the beeping smoke detector last night erased that doubt!



1 comment:

Judy said...

This is probably terrible, but I wish is wasn't me too! ha!! Don't get me wrong, I'm so thrilled about this little boy and I love him to pieces already...BUT...what on earth was I thinking going back to the infant stage?? I just keep telling myself that I just have to survive the first 6 months and it gets easier after that. Maybe this giant baby I've been carrying around will act like a 6 month old, since apparently he's going to be the size of one :)