Saturday, October 10, 2009

Long Lost Pics

Two weeks ago, I put some of Nicholas' baby clothes out at the Pippenfest yard sale. I also had a few other things, including an old camera. Fortunately, the camera didn't sell and it instantly became one of Nicholas' favorite new toys. He loves to hold it in front of him and 'take pictures'. (aka make the flash go off). Anyway, when he took his first picture, I heard film advance. Believe it or not, there was actually a roll of film in the camera! I had no idea how long it had been there, but I knew I hadn't used a 'film camera' for many years.

After we took a few pictures to use all of the film, I took it to CVS to get it developed. (I wasn't even sure if they developed film anymore.) About a 1/2 hour later, the film developer from CVS called and told me that the pictures were all a magenta-like color. She asked if I still wanted them. Of course, I was so curious that I told her to proceed.

Here is a sample of some of the pictures that were on that roll of film...

It's Riggins, as a puppy! The date on the bottom of the picture shows March 31, 2001. Riggins was about 6 months old.

Our friend, Denise's bachelorette party (in the middle) - The date on this picture shows July 21, 2002. Bob and Denise have been married for seven years now and have a little boy, Dillon, who's almost 5!

Such an interesting find... I wonder what other gems are hiding around my house...

1 comment:

Judy said...

Awww...looks at Riggins! How funny that you found some long lost pictures. Definitely worth whatever it cost to get them developed!!