Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

I went with Nicholas' class to the pumpkin patch. My first time chaperoning was a jaw-dropping experience. It was neat to watch Nicholas interacting with the other kids. In fact, I was shocked! The son I know is shy, timid, and reserved. He stands in the background and watches the other kids. The kid at the pumpkin patch was completely opposite - I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Nicholas was the first kid to run toward the big slide. "Come on guys. Follow me!" he yelled.

Nicholas with his friend, Jada



Love that smile!


Nicholas' girlfriend, Hailey... It was a very important day for Hailey. While she was at the pumpkin path, she became a big sister!


So amazed by this brave kid! I've actually tried to sit him on these tires in the past and he screamed.



On the hay ride to pick out our special pumpkins







I am so grateful that I can take time off work to enjoy days like this.
I am so grateful that Nicholas has great friends at school.
I am so grateful that Hailey's baby sister and mommy are doing well.
I am so grateful that Nicholas has a fun, let-loose, leader side to him (still shocked that I had never seen it before this!)

No comments: